Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturdays

I love Saturdays. I love that first moment, lying in bed, with the press and promise of the day on me. I love staying there -taking as much time as I want to think about anything I want. Some Saturdays, like today, I love creeping downstairs before the sun comes up, making myself a hot drink, and curling up on the couch to check my email or watch TV shows. I love it when Dave comes down and joins me. We are both pajamaed and wearing silly-happy grins upon seeing each other. "...well, hello there Dave. Care to join me for a session of channel surfing? Wait, I have a wonderful idea. Why don't we spend the entire day -yes, you heard right- the entire day together? And how 'bout this? -We'll pretty much do whatever we want." I think this just might be the pinnacle of marital bliss.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! Enjoy it while you can! Once you have kids you won't get the experience for another 20 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ain't that the truth. I guess the pinnacle of marital bliss isn't getting woken up when your three year old jumps on you in bed screaming "I want BREAKTAS!"

    ReplyDelete