Friday, November 5, 2010

Lovelock

Lovelock is a small town in the Nevada desert. We've been wanting to get out there to visit Dave's grandma since our wedding. She is just a really neat lady. And she loves "her desert." :) We had a wonderful weekend with her, exploring the town and desert in her old white pickup, having picnics, and hearing lots of stories. There was also a snake at one point. It was an adventure!

For me, there is something soul-renewing about being out in the desert, but even more wonderful and soul-renewing about being at grandma's house, and this trip made me remember that. It made me miss my grandparents, but also so happy to have a grandma again. I have definitely "locked my love" in Lovelock (that's the town slogan). The pictures are of some neat rock formations (the bumpy one is called "tufa"), views of the valley, and the Lovelock Cave. We also drove across a long, dirt road to find an old, ghost mining town, we drove out to some areas where they mine diatamacious earth, and we got to spend some time with aunt Dana's family. We just loved being there. Thanks grandma.







No comments:

Post a Comment