Friday, November 19, 2010

North Logan Pumpkin Walk




I've got to hand it to Cache Valley on this one -it really is a pretty cool local tradition. This was my second year going with Dave, and we were both impressed. -As the sign says as you walk in, hundreds of volunteers spend countless hours working to create all of the pumpkin displays -and it shows. It is just delightful to see what people come up with and how much effort they obviously put into it. These pictures are from last year when the theme must have been advertisements, but this year's theme was "the magic of animation" and we liked it quite a bit better than last year's. It's a pretty big deal up here. -The local bus system carries people back and forth between various parking lots and the pumpkin displays, there's a big power generator thing for the lights, music, and animated displays, and the whole thing is free; I think most of the valley goes, and we must have joined the masses at just the wrong time because we were in line for at least 30 minutes before we got to the displays, but it was very worth it. I think my favorite part is how all the walkways are lined with candle-lit carved pumpkins, and so you can smell that wonderful burning pumpkin smell the whole time. -That really gets me in the fall spirit.

3 comments:

  1. Now that's cool. Yoda and 3PO are super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pumpkin walk! My favorite pumpkins from the year I went were the Calvin and Hobbes snowman pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete