Monday, June 11, 2012

Cache Valley Gardener's Market

I know I posted on this topic a couple of years ago, but, since then, my love for the Cache Valley Gardener's Market has only grown! There's something about the local, friendly, wholesome goodness of it all that I can't resist. I love seeing the creative expressions of my fellow Cache Valleyians. I love the local chefs celebrating their ethnic heritage. I love buying my food from the very person who grew it. I'm sure having just finished "In Defense of Food" by Micheal Pollan has only increased my zeal, but I love biting into a locally grown tomato and knowing it is so much better for me -not to mention for the environment- than a store-bought one. (I hope there is an additional placebo effect going on here to, because I can almost picture the nutrients flooding my body when I bite into that local, leafy goodness.) This season, Dave and I signed up for a half-share in a CSA (community supported agriculture). For $260 bucks and we'll get a bag of produce every week from now through the end of December. We love seeing what comes into season each week (sorrell, anyone? loveage?) and then discovering what to do with it. Gooooo local! (said like a cheerleader chant, not a command, btw) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment